Ⅰ. Basic Event Information
i. Race date and departure time
7:30, 29 October 2023
ii. Start & Finish Place
Start: East side of Pandao road next to Square of Yongning Gate
Finish: Olympic Sports Center (Marathon)
International Convention & Exhibition Center (Half Marathon)
Yudao Square of Daming Palace (Happy Run)
iii. Event race
Marathon (42.195 km)，Half Marathon(21.0975 km)，Happy Run(7 km)
i. Age requirements
1. Marathon race, aged above 20 (born before 29 Oct 2003)
2. Half marathon race, aged above 18 (born before 29 Oct 2005)
3. Happy run race, aged above 12 (born before 29 Oct 2011)
Cautions: Minors under the age of 18 who registered must be present at the same time with their guardian or legal representative when check in, and their guardian or legal representative must sign the Participation Notes and Underage Insurance Notification on the site before they can collect the race kits and participate in the event. Guardian or legal representative of minors under the age of 16 who registered must register for the same race and accompany them to participate in the race. Otherwise, the race kits will not be distributed and the roll-call will not be recorded.
ii. Requirement for the physical status of athletes
Marathon and related sports is a sport that constantly challenges athletes’ own limits and has certain risks. If the movement is improper, may cause different degrees of physical injury, or even endanger life. Therefore, athletes should be in good health and have a regular basis of running exercise or training. Moreover, athletes should undergo physical examination in qualified formal medical institutions, and evaluate their physical condition based on the physical examination report to confirm whether they can participate in marathon and related sports events.
People with the following physical conditions should not participate in the event:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia
6. Have a cold within two weeks before the race
7. Drinking too much alcohol or lack of sleep the night before the race
9. Not recovered from Covid-19
10. After recovery from Covid-19 within 30 days
11. Other diseases unsuitable for sports.
Athletes should have a physical examination at a 3A hospital, and be in good health and have the basis for regular running exercise or training. Evaluate your physical condition according to the physical examination report and confirm whether you can participate in the competition. Otherwise, the athletes shall bear the responsibility for the personal damage and property loss caused by their own health or other personal reasons.
Ⅲ. Entry-related information
i. Entry Time
10:00, 13 September 2023 to 18:00, 15 September 2023
ii. Entry Fee
Marathon 200 RMB/person
Half Marathon 200 RMB/person
Happy Run 100 RMB/person
Charity Quota 1500 RMB/person
iii. Way of Entry
1. The entry limit for marathon is 20,000, half marathon is 10,000, and happy run is 5,000. If the number of applicants exceeds the quota, the method of drawing lots and waiting mechanism will be adopted to obtain the qualification.
2. Entry process: Visit the official website/WeChat mini program → Click Register → Read and agree with the Entry Statement → Complete entry according to requirements on pages → Obtain the lotting quota.
3. Lotting Method: The result of lotting will be announced on 25 Sep 2023 and winning athletes the waiting number of unwinning athletes will be selected once. Athletes can log on to the official website after announcing the result of the draw.
4. The winning candidate must pay the entry fee before 17:00 on 26 Sep 2023. Otherwise it will be regarded as giving up the entry qualification automatically, and the quota will be released to the candidate whose waiting number is smaller after 10:00 on 27 Sep 2023.
5. Candidates who accept the waiting queue also need to pay the entry fee before 17:00 26 Sep 2023, otherwise it will be regarded as giving up the waiting opportunity, and the waiting number will not be kept.
6. Alternate and exiting:
(1) Alternate mechanism
If the candidate does not continue to participate in the alternate, he/she can withdraw from the alternate on the official website. The entry fee will be refunded within 7 working days.
(2) Refund rules
Athletes who have qualified for entry can click the "Exit Registration" button on the page of registration details to apply for refund by themselves. After the refund application is approved, the entry fee will be refunded within 7 working days.80% of the entry fee will be refunded if you withdraw before 8 Oct 2023 (inclusive). The Organizing Committee will handle the refund within one week after receiving the withdrawal application. No withdrawal can be accepted after 8 Oct 2023.
If the athlete is not successfully alternated after 9 Oct 2023, the Organizing Committee will refund the full entry fee to the account paid at the time of registration within seven working days.
Refund application of charity quota will not be accepted once entry is confirmed.
7. Direct quota
(1)”Elite Direct Quota” is set. Any performance certified by CAA of “A1 event” held between 31 August 2020 and 1 September 2023 will be ranked, which can be found on the “Chinese Marathon” website. The top 100 male/female marathon athletes of all age groups will go straight to 2023 Xi’an Marathon. The top 50 male/female half marathon athletes of that will go straight, too. The following groups are divided by current age (2023 minus year of birth).
(2)According to the performance data of any marathon event between 31 August 2020 and 1 September 2023 certified by CAA, which can be found on the “Chinese Marathon” website, the athletes with the best performance less than 3 hours and 5 minutes(exclude) in marathon race or 1 hour and 30 minutes(exclude) in half marathon race will go through to 2023 Xi’an Marathon.
(3)There are 300 charity quota for marathon and 200 for half marathon. After the deadline, the athletes who choose the charity quota can be exempted from the lottery and directly get the qualification for the race. Once the quota is confirmed, withdrawal will not be accepted.
8. Race change and entry limitation
The same athlete can only choose entry one of the races, not both. During the pre-registration period, if you need to change the event race, you must click the "Delete re-entry" button on the registration details page to delete the original entry and re-register before 18:00 15 Sep 2023. Deletion of entries after 18:00 15 Sep 2023 will be regarded as abandonment of eligibility for the lottery, and requests for re-entry and race change will not be accepted.
iv. The measures for the disabled athletes’ entry
The methods for disabled athletes to register for this event shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Notice on Disabled Athletes Participating in National Marathon and Related Sports Events on the official website of CAA:
1. As the course conditions do not allow, there will be no wheelchair racing group and wheelchair athletes are not allowed to participate in the race.
2. Athletes with disabilities (including non-racing wheelchairs) must meet the age and health requirements of all athletes in 2023 Xi’an Marathon, pay the entry fee according to the entry requirements, and participate in the unified entry lottery after the excess.
3. Before starting the race, athletes with visual impairment, hearing impairment, intellectual disability and upper limb disability and able-bodied athletes will gather and check in at the corresponding area. Non-racing wheelchair athletes and athletes with baby strollers shall assemble and register at the back of the last assembly area and start the race in unity.
4. In order to ensure the safety of all athletes in the race, a visually impaired athlete must be accompanied throughout the race. Other disabled athletes and non-wheelchair athletes are also recommended to invite a companion athlete to participate in the race. Companion athletes should be selected from the official athletes registered in this event, or apply to the organizing committee for assistance in recruiting companion runners.
Ⅳ. Check in
i. Check in time
10:00-20:00, 26 October 2023 (reserved by hours)
10:00-21:00, 27 October 2023 (reserved by hours)
9:00-21:00, 28 October 2023 (reserved by hours)
Each hour is a time slot, each time slot is limited to 2000 people, and athletes must make an appointment in advance through the wechat mini program of "Palm Xima".
Please reserve in advance according to schedule and collect in reserved hour in the right place.
ii. Check in place
Xi’an Olympic Sports Center Stadium (Exit D from Olympic Sports Center Station on Metro Line 14)
iii. Credentials for check in
1. Mainland Chinese athletes must present the original ID card of the second generation within the validity period.
2. Athletes from Hong Kong, China and Macao, China must hold the original Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents.
3. Athletes from Taiwan, China must hold the original Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents.
4. Non-Chinese athletes must hold the original passport.
5. For minors without ID cards, their guardians or legal representatives shall carry the original guardian's certificate, ID card or household registration book with the athletes to go through the check-in procedures.
*With regard to those who do not have the above-mentioned certificates will be refused to issue the race kits.
iv. Notes for check-in
The race kits must be collected by the athletes themselves. The identity of the athletes will be verified one by one through face recognition technology. The organizing committee will refuse to issue the race kits to the athletes if the person and the ID are inconsistent.
v. Notes for check-in and mailing
1. For those who cannot come to check in, athletes can apply to post their race kits other than the number bib and chips please pay attention to the announcement on the official website after the event and choose the. The cost incurred shall be borne by the athletes themselves.
2. Chips, number bibs and event wristbands only can be collected by the athlete himself. Athletes must carry valid original credentials to collect race kits. Athletes will be checked for certificates, such as do not match. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to issue race kits. There is no race kits collection on the race day morning. Athletes must arrive at the right place within a specified time to collect race kits.
3. Clothing sizes will not be collected during entry. Clothing sizes will be distributed according to the event distribution and application order, on a first-come-first-served basis.
4. Race kits can be tried on the check-in site. If the athlete wants to change the clothing size due to personal reasons, the original package can be changed at the check-in site. If the original package is opened, it cannot be changed.
5. No race kits will be collected on behalf of the athletes in this event.
vi. Notes for the event wristband
Race wristband is playing important credentials, get the finish souvenirs. It will be worn on for athletes by staff at the scene of the check-in. Athletes are not allowed to remove, damaged, transfer events wristband. Otherwise the organizing committee shall have the right to refuse athletes to enter the starting area. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to issue finish souvenirs to athletes with obvious signs of damaged wristband.
V. Contacts of the Organizing Committee
i. Service Tel: 400-99-42195 Ext. 1
(Work Time: 9:00-18:00 from Monday to Friday)
Xi’an Marathon Organizing Committee